Thursday, January 24, 2013

Assignment # 2




In this picture, I wanted to make sure that the yellow of the flower stayed bright and eye catching so I darkened the green leaves in the background to make sure that the flower popped. I still wanted the leaves visible though so I didn't get rid of the completely. I used the color balance tool in this image as well.

I played around with shadows and highlights in this picture as well because the trees created a lot of shadows and were originally completely darkening the creek so I lightened the entire image and brightened the blue of the water and the white of the ice. There wasn't a lot of different colors to work with on this image so I played around with the shadows more.


 The most important aspect of this photo is the color of the tree and the white and blue sky behind it. I added blue overtones to the sky and make sure the tree stayed green, using the color balance tool. I also wanted to make sure that the reddish color leaves and the brown bark on the trees was still visible.


 This picture was very dark originally. I wanted the entire image lighter without losing the clouds, which I brightened. I liked the darkness of the trees so I didn't want to lose that contrast completely. I still wanted the sky to remain cloudy though so I tried to avoid changing that too much as well. I used the shadows/highlights tools and the vibrance tool.



In this photo, I messed around with highlights and made the entire picture much lighter than it was originally. I made the water bluer. I wanted the colors to pop and contrast with each other while still looking realistic, so I changed the browns into more reddish browns. 


Just an extra picture from Hawaii! I wanted to see if I could bring the color of the ocean around a little bit more so I had fun editing this one!



No comments:

Post a Comment